Total Pageviews

Friday, July 11, 2014

Waiting for Sweet Pea- Wednesday

So, this morning I got a call from my midwife letting me know that my urine test had come back showing 3x's the protein of the previous weeks test and that they were needing to transfer me to an O.B. So, yes, I got the boot! I was kicked out, abandoned, fired, sigh, oh well. Anywho, I waited all day for the new O.B. to give me a call. She was in surgery for a good chunk of the day, and then she must have gone to Disneyland, because I never heard from her. Later in the day, I was feeling yuck. A little nauseous, a very slight headache, heart racing- I just felt like I needed to lay down. The kids were in bed. It was about 10:00pm ish and I asked Raja for a blessing. We called our friend Robert Goettig to assist with the blessing and asked him to bring a BP cuff- he has cool stuff like that- he's a surgical nurse. So, he came over, BP was somewhere around 160/110 (normal is 120/80) so after the blessing, we decided to go to the ER in Caldwell. Once we got there we were taken up to Labor and Delivery. They brought in the on-call O.B. took blood tests etc. At first, we were told I would be there for about 12 hours to me monitored. Then, because of a continued high BP, they realized it would probably be not such a quick visit after all. After a few hours of monitoring, the decision was made to transfer me to Boise, to the hospital with the best NICU. So, a team of three women came into my room, all wearing these flight suits, with the words 'air team' on them. I wasn't expecting to be airlifted. My biggest fear- the bill. Luckily, well maybe, they wear those smashing suits no matter the mode of transport and I will only be receiving the bill for an ambulance ride. -Sigh of relief- And just in case anyone was wondering, an ambulance ride, as it turns out, is much more comfortable when not in labor. (For anyone who doesn't know, Natalia, was born in an ambulance.) Man, something with the girls in this family and flashing lights. So, got to Boise, got all settled in, and shortly thereafter, the sun cam up. It was a long night.

No comments: