Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 13, 2014

Waiting for Sweet Pea- Friday part II



After Lori left, I called Raja and told him I needed him. He dropped the kids off at the Sherman's and came as soon as he could. I also called my sister Rachel, and told her she needed to come. She had been planning to drive up from SLC to pick up our kids and take them home with her, while I was unable to care for them. I was so sure that our little Sweet Pea was coming. Shortly after, the O.B. came in, to go over some recent blood tests. Those test showed that my liver and kidneys had not yet been affected by the pre-eclampsia and that although the protein in my urine was high, the other tests were a good sign. In fact, just opposite to what I had expected, he said that if my BP remained steady that I could be moved out of the Labor and Deliver section of the hospital and into the Antepartum section. That would mean that I was more stable than I had previously been and would not need as much constant monitoring. I was so relieved! Even though that morning I had been so scared, I was glad I had faced reality. I wasn't going to be delivering as soon as I had feared, but sooner or later a premature birth and the NICU will be a part of our lives and I want to be as mentally prepared as possible. 
     By the time, Raja, got to the hospital everything had calmed down and relaxed. In fact I couldn't stay awake! As I slept, Raja, was in and out, I think he was taking the laptop to a waiting room or somewhere to work on his paper. It was comforting having him there, even though I was asleep for a good part of the time. Early afternoon, he left to pick up the kids and give Hashan the chance to have a nap at home.
        I did end up moving to the Antepartum section. I no longer need to have constant fetal monitoring, now it is only 4x's a day for about a half an hour. I have a little more freedom to get up and move around my room, but for the most part I am supposed to stay in bed to avoid elevating my BP.

No comments: