Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 13, 2014

Waiting for Sweet Pea- Saturday

Friday night, I kept waking up with one thought on my mind- Family Movie Party! I would wake up, get excited and then be unable to go back to sleep. I am wanting so badly to create a few good memories out of all of this so that our kids will hopefully remember those good things instead of little details like not having a mom for awhile. I waited and waited until I knew that Raja would be at work and maybe have a minute. I called and suggested my idea to which he readily agreed. Did I mention how awesome Raja is? I knew that it would be no small task for him to work a full day, come home, pick up the kids, have dinner with them then load them up for the 45min drive to Boise. It helps immensely that he doesn't have to worry about making dinner. I am nearly brought to tears every time I think about all of the willing hands from our ward that have volunteered to bring in meals and help in whatever way we may need them. So, movie night was on!
    A little later that morning, I was taken off the magnesium I.V. that I had been on since Wednesday night. The magnesium was to prevent seizures. That apparently is what divides pre-eclampsia and eclampsia- seizures. So, once my BP had stabilized, my risk had decreased and I no longer needed that extra precaution. Whether or not I will need to go back on it... who knows? For me, it was exciting because the magnesium makes your muscles weak, making me a 'fall risk', as well as possibly causes nausea and headaches. Being unhooked from all tubes and wires etc. I was then much freer to move around. Not far, but it's nice to at least get out of bed without calling for assistance. I had heard about a room down the hall that has a lot of videos, which I was really wanting to go see so I could find something we could all watch that night. I did get to go, however, I had to go in a wheelchair. Oh well, my new freedom still has limits. They are just wanting to make sure I don't do too much of anything which could end up spiking my BP. When the O.B. came in he said he was happy with the way things were looking. As long as my BP doesn't get higher, I can stay pregnant. They tell me for every day I stay pregnant that is 3 less days Sweet Pea has to be in the NICU. The O.B.'s favorite phrase is 'let's grow you older'. That is is standard game plan. As he was leaving I knew that my stability right now wasn't luck, it is a result of faith. Plain and simple. I know that many people are praying on our behalf. I know those prayers are being heard. Thank you everyone for praying. And more than anything, I am so grateful for a Father in Heaven who is hearing these prayers. Everything is in His timing and in His hands.

    My cousin, Heidi, came to visit today with her friend, Amanda, and both of their daughters. It was great to see Heidi! She had been preparing a talk for sacrament meeting in church tomorrow and asked if she could practice it. Honestly, her talk made my day. It was so beautifully written, with so much understanding and insight, it was such a blessing to be able to hear that from her. I won't be able to go to church tomorrow, but thanks to Heidi, I still got to hear a talk- and an amazing one at that. For anyone who knows Heidi, it would be more than worth it to ask her for a copy of her talk. The topic was gratitude, and she will bring you through to a different way of looking at it that will have a great impact on your perspective. Guaranteed!

   I also got a visit from our friends the Goettigs. It was a fun visit. Just before they left I asked Susan if she could teach my primary class on Sunday. Rob, let me know that the Primary secretary had already talked to him, and the class was covered for at least 3 weeks. I don't even know how that happened! Did I mention we have a great ward!?

          The family movie party went off without a hitch! It was wonderful. The kids decided to watch 'Flubber' and loved it. Even, Hashan, kept saying it was a funny movie. He walked around a lot while it was on. He kept walking over to me and touching my face or hair, then he would hug Natalia or Andrew or sit on Raja's lap. He is such a sweet boy. Natalia curled up with me in bed for most of the movie, I loved having her close. It was wonderful having the family together.

No comments: